Senior Front End Developer
We are working with a Technology-driven online retailer Company, based in the beautiful Co. Sligo, They strive to offer a diverse and challenging career path using the latest technologies and platforms coupled with a great life/work balance in a cost-effective location on the Wild Atlantic Way. They offer a genuine opportunity to make a difference in a technology company with a wide range of business challenges. Couple this with a genuine work-life balance, easy access to surf, hiking, fabulous beaches, and a thriving local food and music scene and we feel we're got a fairly unique package on offer.
● Responsible for overseeing site optimization, acting as a liaison between the creative department and NOC and IT, updating internal documentation, and helping the Marketing and Creative Directors when necessary.
● As Senior Front End Developer, assist and educate other Front End Developers on best practices of front end development at the company and in general. This may include the responsibility to coordinate
and manage the front end development work that is completed by you and your fellow Front End Developers on your team.
● Responsible for maintaining and front-end coding of the following areas:
● Work with different development and QA teams to code HTML/CSS mockups, test, and verify projects through the development process.
● Act as Liaison between the creative department and NOC and IT. May have to work off-hours when issues come up.
● Update internal documentation when new tools are available for designers to use and distribute the information to web designers and their managers.
● Create reusable HTML, CSS and JS modules
● Build out templates using Handlebars/AngularJS/ReactJS for new features and layouts.
● Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
● Follow legal policies as directed.
● 4-6 years of professional website coding experience
● Must have a passion for clean semantic markup, with an attention to detail.
● Have a good understanding of UI design, Usability, and Accessibility.
● Must be a CSS guru, with full understanding of specificity and cascade.
● Must know how to whip IE9 into submission and tame any other browser inconsistencies that pop up.
● Must be able to work fast and under pressure to create pages, wireframes, and fix bugs.
● Must be passionate about web standards.
● Must be willing to assist other developers and guide them with better development standards.
● B.S./B.A. Computer Science or related field preferred.
What We Offer
Health insurance for employee and family, 6% matched pension contribution, Life assurance, Long term disability insurance, Free to use office bicycles, Flexible working hours, Regular company social events, Onsite barrista, Subsidised coffee, A modern impressive workspace.
If you feel that you can be that person, please send me your CV at email@example.com or call at +353 (01) 9017828, We are waiting for you!