iOS Support Engineer
GemPool are working with a client who are an innovator in developing and deploying biometric authentication and identity assurance solutions worldwide. They have pioneered methods for securely and conveniently combining biometric and identity capabilities across multiple channels with large-scale deployments that span payments verification, digital banking, wealth, insurance, telcos, and securing borders and critical infrastructure.
You will work in the Customer Support Team helping customers to integrate Daon’s software with their applications using one or more of Daon’s biometric SDKs (e.g. Face, Fingerprint, Voice, or FIDO) for iOS devices. You may also assist customers with development of web-based applications for a mobile device. You may be required to enhance existing iOS demo applications. You should be self-motivated and able to work in an agile environment. You will provide direct assistance to our customers integrating directly with our products – this may involve minimal travel.
- Deliver on assigned software design, development, testing, and documentation tasks;
- Work closely with the Presales, Consulting, Engineering, and QC teams to understand product features, isolate bugs, improve sample apps and learn the latest mobile innovations;
- Participate in weekly global support team meetings, demo new mobile features to the team, and contribute to our Help Center technical articles.
- Advise software development best practices to customer mobile app project leads and developers;
- Assist technical consultants with mobile development projects and facilitate handoffs to support;
- Escalate important product and customer issues to management team;
- Other duties will be assigned as the role evolves and the business develops.
- 3+ years mobile development experience in iOS and proficient with Swift.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent;
- Solid understanding of MVC pattern as used in iOS development.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services; interaction with and use of REST Services and JSON objects.
- Experience with Cordova/React Native is preferred;
- The desire and ability to learn Android development.
If interested apply above or call Cathal on 01 901 7820 for more information