Working in an Agile environment you will be part of the product team contributing to the ongoing evolution of our client's suite of ecommerce products. This will mean working with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and QA Engineers in their development teams.They are looking for someone that will fit in with our culture of collaboration, communication and teamwork. Refactoring should not be an issue and is actively encouraged. Test driven development should be part of your daily development tasks.
As they are a .NET house you should have great experience in using the technologies that support the development of .NET applications: .NET, .Net Core, Web API, Entity framework and SQL Server.Our client's solution runs on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform so any knowledge of working in this environment would be very beneficial.You should want to do things better – we believe in continuous improvement of the development process – and you should have an opinion and contribute to improving. You should care about agile, continuous integration, continuous deployment, DDD, TDD, unit testing and integration testing.
- Ensure that the teams technical roadmap is aligned with the product strategy and that the team is shipping architecturally sound software at regular cadence
- Manage a team of 5-8 software engineers, fostering a continuous improvement and growth mindset. Provide hands on code reviews, mentorship and regular feedback.
- Work closely with peers in Architecture, Production Engineering and QA to ensure delivery of a highly scalable, secure and performant system
- Partner with our client’s technical teams on projects
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration across multiple teams
- Champion best practices and guide your team in use of DDD and TDD
- Ensure code quality and test coverage
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Continuously strive to introduce improvements and innovations to the team
- At least 10 years’ experience with several years leading development teams
- Deep technical knowledge with a history of solving complex problems
- Strong understanding of distributed systems
- Knowledge of development stack: C#, WebApi, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Entity Framework, SQL Server Dependency Injection, Microservices, Restful architecture.
- Experience in the Azure stack or other cloud: App Insights, Cosmos, Service Fabric, REDIS, etc..
- Proficient in Test Driven Development working within an Agile SCRUM team.
- DDD experience an advantage
- Intellectual curiosity, learning agility, and enthusiasm for tackling tough problems.
- Outstanding communication skills required – primarily the ability to communicate ideas.
- Code in your own time outside of work and enjoy solving programming problems
- You should want to work in a fast-paced eCommerce business.
- Excellent organisation skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Obsessional about scaling and performance
- High level of initiative and desire to get things done.
- Willingness to introduce change and challenge existing processes and procedures.